Monday, November 17, 2008

Life in general

I 25 soon to be 26 and I've been getting heartburn for the first time in my life. What is up with this? I had plain 'ol bacon and eggs for breakfast followed by heartburn an hour later.

The first time it happened I was at work, working the night shift, and decided that I would eat some garlic bagel crisps for a midnight snack. Oh my gosh! About an hour later I had heartburn that radiated from my ears to my elbows. I ate pepto tablets antacids and it still wouldn't go away completely. It finally went away when I got home that morning and ate some yogurt and drank a glass of milk. Apparently milk is the savior.

Is this old age setting in? I suppose now I really have to watch what I eat. I'm of Cajun and Italian decent. I love spicy foods, garlic and tomato sauces.

Oh what a year! I stop drinking alcohol because all it does is make me tired and now I have to give up my favorite pungent and acidic foods. I suppose I'll do anything just to avoid "the menacing burn".

No comments: